The Mid-Atlantic Regional Planning Body today announced the release of the Draft Mid-Atlantic Regional Ocean Action Plan for public review and comment through Tuesday, Sept. 6. The RPB will hold a webinar on Monday, July 11 from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Eastern to discuss the draft plan.
In addition, the Mid-Atlantic Regional Council on the Ocean will host the following five public listening sessions in which the RPB will provide information about the draft plan and offer public input and Q&A opportunities:
- Tues., July 12: Virginia Beach, VA; 6-8 pm at Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center
- Thurs., July 14: West Long Branch, NJ; 6-8 pm at Pozycki Hall at Monmouth University
- Tues., July 19: Berlin, MD; 6-8 pm at Ocean Pines Library
- Wed., July 20: Lewes, DE; 6-8 pm at Virden Retreat Center, Univ. of Delaware
- Wed., July 27: Selden, NY; 6-8 pm at Babylon Student Center, Selden Community College
The Mid-Atlantic RPB was formally established in April 2013 and is tasked under the National Ocean Policy Executive Order with developing a coastal and marine spatial plan for Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, and Virginia.